I can actually say I by no means thought I’d write the phrases “Amazing Mushroom Bowls” as a title for a recipe, however right here we’re.
If you get nothing else out of this publish, please hear me say this: these are my favourite mushrooms of all time.
You don’t like mushrooms? Okay, that’s okay. I don’t know if I can change your thoughts. Those opinions run deep. But additionally… possibly I can. If any recipe can, it is perhaps this one.
These mushrooms are smokey, candy, and salty suddenly. When they’re marinated and roasted, they flip into these caramelized golden crispy-and-juicy little nibblers, and I swear I may eat a whole Eight-ounce bundle of them.
Here they’re pre-roasting, absorbing all that wonderful sauce:
So naturally, let’s construct some bowls with them, proper? Roasty mushroom nibblers (can we simply name them that now?), caramelized pineapple, peppers, and a dollop of kale pesto over some rice or cauliflower rice or actually over nothing in any respect.
This mixture is contemporary and springy and giving me life.
If I can throw one different thought your means, it will be this: TEMPEH.
Here it’s, additionally marinating in the identical sauce, about to be roasted the identical means because the mushrooms. If you don’t like mushrooms, that is your backup plan!
When I made this in our studio kitchen this week, all of us simply stood across the fresh-out-the-oven pan and snacked on roasted mushrooms and tempeh.
What is life proper now, actually.
THESE MUSHROOMS ARE AMAZING.
Amazing Mushroom Bowls with Kale Pesto! Smoky, candy, salt mushrooms (or tempeh!), caramelized pineapple, peppers, and dollop of kale pesto, all served over rice. SO GOOD.
- 1/four cup olive oil
- 1/four cup maple syrup
- 1/four cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- half of teaspoon cumin
- half of teaspoon Italian seasoning
- half of teaspoon onion powder
- half of teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper (to style)
- 16 ounces contemporary mushrooms, washed and lower into thick-ish slices
- 2 cups contemporary pineapple chunks
- 2–Three bell peppers
- rice or cauliflower rice
- kale pesto, magic inexperienced sauce, or every other yummy sauce
- Whisk or shake the marinate in a jar till mixed.
- Place mushrooms in a shallow bowl. Cover with sufficient marinade to get some taste on every of the mushroom items (you may need some marinade left – that’s okay, you should use it later on this recipe, or save for subsequent week’s bowls).
- Preheat oven to 450 levels. Let the mushrooms relaxation for 20-30 minutes when you prep different substances, together with your sauce!
- Place peppers, pineapple, and mushrooms with marinade every on their very own sheet pans. Bake for 20-or-so minutes, rotating pans as wanted, till you get some good browning on the whole lot (peppers will roast a couple of minutes sooner). You can use the broiler to assist with the browning as wanted.
- Serve in a bowl over rice or cauli rice. Top with your sauce (yeah kale pesto)! You may also put all this yumminess in a wrap or on a salad. Poof! Look at wholesome, scrumptious you.
Tips for Roasting: don’t overcrowd the pans as a result of the pineapple, peppers, and mushrooms would possibly begin to steam as an alternative of roast / caramelize / brown. I’d suggest draining off extra juice out of your pineapple if it appears to have a whole lot of moisture. If your mushrooms seem like they’ve a whole lot of liquid, that’s okay – preserve roasting a bit longer and the sauce will form of flip right into a gooey crust and the mushrooms will get even deeper in shade and taste. YUM.
Alternative to Mushrooms: Tempeh can be actually scrumptious right here. If you employ tempeh, let it marinate for no less than 2-Three hours if potential as a result of it takes a bit longer to soak up the flavour. You can pan-fry it or roast it in the identical means as directed for the mushrooms.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mushroom bowls, mushroom recipe, vegan recipe, vegetarian recipe, kale pesto