Note: Hi, buddies! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn slightly money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant approach to assist help this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
We’re on the eve of Valentine’s Day and I used to be craving one thing candy that I might additionally use as an excuse to bust out my heart-shaped silicon mildew to make use of for heart-shaped pats of buttery unfold. So, I channeled my interior Leslie Knope and determined to make some crimson velvet-inspired vegan keto waffles! I actually love waffles as a result of they’re tremendous straightforward to make and actually scrumptious…and did I point out that they’re super-easy to make?
Traditionally, crimson velvet cake was made utilizing dutch-process cocoa, which reacted with the acid within the cake from buttermilk, and turned crimson. Sometimes beets had been used for coloration as nicely, and that is what we’re going to riff off of right here. I additionally actually like utilizing beets as a result of they’re wealthy in antioxidants and have been proven to be heart-protective in research. Yay! Beets additionally work properly, as the flavour is well-masked by chocolate, which we’re additionally utilizing.
Up subsequent in our ingredient lineup is lupin flour. I haven’t used lupin flour an excessive amount of up to now as a result of it all the time appeared to dear to me. But, I’ve began utilizing it much more lately as a result of I simply actually prefer it, and it’s definitely worth the value. Lupins are low in problematic lectins, excessive in protein (together with the elusive amino acid lysine), and really low in carbs. The flour on this recipe is barely 1g of web carbs, however packs 12g of protein. Crazy! Using lupin flour additionally implies that this vegan keto waffle recipe is just not solely gluten-free, but additionally coconut-free, soy-free and customarily nut-free. Good information for these of us with allergic reactions!
Anyway, I actually hope you like this recipe! If you make it, I’d like to see on social media, so be happy to tag @meatfreeketo on instagram or twitter (or simply go away a remark!). One of my favourite components of developing with these recipes (apart from the consuming, after all) is seeing what you guys make and the enjoyable twists you placed on the unique.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Red Velvet Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free)
- Real discuss – these aren’t tremendous crimson, however you might treatment this with a further tsp of beet powder or your favourite meals dye!
- If you’ll be able to’t monitor down cacao butter (or don’t need to), you’ll be able to substitute it for two tbsp of vegan cream cheese or coconut manna.
- The granulated sweetener I exploit is from Lakanto (and you may save 20% with the code MEATFREEKETO on their web site), however you should use any granulated sweetener, or omit it in case you like issues on the less-sweet aspect! They additionally make my absolute favourite sugar-free syrup of all time. Highly advocate it.
- I are likely to eat this complete factor on one sitting, as a result of it’s about 1/four of my each day web carb consumption for the entire thing, however it’s additionally filling sufficient to solely eat half of directly.
- I usually high this with the aforementioned Lakanto sugar-free syrup and a vegan buttery unfold or some coconut cream! I additionally wish to toss on some frozen raspberries, which is what the crimson issues within the image are.
- Unfortunately, you’ll be able to’t actually use flax right here instead of the psyllium. While it is going to maintain the dough collectively, it does crumble once you attempt to take it out of the waffle maker. You might make pancakes out of this recipe, utilizing a tbsp of floor flax as a substitute of the psyllium although!
- As talked about above, you can also make pancakes out of this recipe in case you don’t have a waffle maker!
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary data, totally different manufacturers and styles of components could have differing nutrient values, so your calculations could range.
Vegan Keto Red Velvet Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free)
These crimson velvet-inspired vegan keto waffles are scrumptious and straightforward to make. Plus, they’re gluten-free, coconut-free and soy-free!
- 1 small cooked & peeled beet (about 2oz/56g)
- 1.5 tbsp melted cacao butter OR 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener (non-obligatory, in case you like issues on the sweeter aspect)
- 1/four cup (60ml) nondairy milk of selection
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/four cup (30g) lupin flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp complete psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, in accordance with the producer’s directions and frivolously grease together with your most well-liked oil.
- In a meals processor, mix the beet, cacao butter, nondairy milk & apple cider vinegar. Process till comparatively easy (the cacao butter could begin to solidify once more a bit, however you mainly simply need the massive chunks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining components till completely mixed.
- Add the dry components to the meals course of and pulse till a homogeneous dough kinds.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens.
- Make waffles in accordance with your waffle maker directions. I exploit a splash waffle maker (not the mini one) and this recipe makes one huge waffle in that, that I break up into items. I additionally normally wait till the little gentle goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle quiet down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and sweetener to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!
While this recipe is written to be coconut-free, you’ll be able to substitute the lupin flour with coconut flour if want be!